Sunday, July 31, 2022

Chicken Legs Crockpot

 This Recipe Comes from Jim Monson (my partner teacher and friend, Donna's husband)

The original "recipe" he shared is here:

Garlic salt, oregano, onion powder and lemon pepper and cook on low for 3 and a half hours in crockpot or 10 minutes  per lb in the instapot. 🍗 


I had eaten his chicken legs at a potluck at school and they were so incredibly yummy, I started to ask for the recipe.  It took a couple years, but he finally shared the above.  There was no way I was going to ask for more, because as a former cook, I figured he hadn't shared the recipe because he just puts a little of this a little of that and trying to tell someone who doesn't cook how to do that is challenging at best, so I was grateful for the list of spices and went for it.


What I do is put equal parts of each spice into a prep bowl together and mix it up (ie.  1/2 tsp each for 6 chicken legs, 1 tsp. each for a dozen chicken legs).  I've added a splash of chicken broth to the bottom of the crockpot, or sprayed it with cooking spray.  I've sliced lemons on top before also.  It's the seasoning that makes them yummy.  You could even bake them in the oven.  After putting the garlic salt, oregano, onion powder and lemon pepper into the prep bowl, I stir it altogether and sprinkle it on the legs, turn them over and sprinkle them on the backside, then layer them into the crockpot.  Since I don't often have the luxury of putting it on low for only 3.5 hours, I usually cook it on my 4 hour setting (my highest setting on my crockpot) and it sits on warm until I get home and serve it for dinner.  That has worked just fine for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment