Sunday, September 27, 2026

Mini Meatloaf Freezer Meal

 Sometimes I plan the week's menu and life has other ideas.  This past week's plan was in place but due to an illness of a family member, I was not available to cook the meals.  Other family members here at home were able to either cook the planned meal or modify it to meet their timeline.  When the sick family member returned home they needed meal options that met their dietary needs but were low effort.  In the process of researching ideas, I ran across these Mini Meatloaf that can be frozen and baked either individually or several as a family meal.  The recipe I found didn't gel exactly with our family's tastes and needs, so I found one that did and combined it with the freeze ahead instructions.


Ingredients

3 pounds ground turkey

1 1/3 cup panko

1 cup diced onions

2 T. BBQ sauce (you can use ketchup, but my family prefers BBQ sauce)

You can also add 2 T. yellow or Dijon mustard but our family is a strict no mustard group

2 tsp garlic powder

3 tsp chili powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. pepper

Directions

In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly with your hands

Divide them evenly into 5 mini loaf pans that you sprayed with cooking spray.

Cover with foil and place into a freezer bag and freeze

When you are ready to cook them, take out the number you want (1 or more) and fully defrost in the fridge overnight or on the counter in the morning.  Then place it on a baking sheet and bake them in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment