Friday, December 24, 2010

Janey Gibson's Chili

My grandmother taught me to make her midwest-style chili.  It's a staple in my family and my sister asked me to post it, so here it is.

Ingredients 
2 pounds ground beef
1 bell pepper (diced)
1 small onion (diced)
2-3 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
Vegetable Juice
Chili powder
Brown hamburger with onions and bell peppers.  Drain. In stock or crock-pot, add all ingredients.  Pour vegetable juice in last to desired consistency.  Sprinkle entire top with chili powder.  Stir.
Stockpot:  Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
Crockpot: In early morning, turn on low and cook all day...or cook on high for 2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Yummm!! Thank you!! Wish you were here to eat it with us! :)
    Allison

    ReplyDelete