Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chipotle Turkey Meatball Soup

I got creative tonight and it worked, so I thought I had better blog about it.  I don't have any specific measurements here, just kind of winged it. 
First I made the meatballs..with ground turkey, an egg, rice, garlic & onion powder and chipotle  (about 3 tsp. of each if I had to guess at measurement)...I baked them at 350 for 30 minutes and they were perfect, not too dry...just right.

Then I put three large cans of chicken broth into a stock pot (had to skim some off, so it was a little more than I needed)...added 3 chopped carrots, a stalk of celery, a red bell pepper, 3 green onions and 3 ears of grilled corn cut from the cob.  Put the cooked meatballs in and boiled away.  Oh yea, I also added some onion powder, chipotle powder, dash of celery salt and garlic powder, salt and pepper.

It is almost done and is quite a flavorful broth.  Can't wait to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment