Sunday, March 29, 2015

Grandpa Sonny's Mashed Potatoes

My father LOVED his mashed potatoes.  My oldest had this recipe in her file and my youngest asked me to add this to my blogspot.  Even with the recipe, I am unable to replicate his smooth texture without being runny.  My younger sister, though, can make them perfectly.  Here are the basics.

Peel potatoes, cut them into quarters and put them into a pot of water.
Boil until tender
Drain the water off of the potatoes
Mash them
Add several chunks of butter
Add milk in slowly while beating with the electric mixer until of a smooth consistency.  Serve warm.

A tip, if the potatoes finish cooking before you are ready to serve them (other meal items aren't done yet) keep them warm but don't mash them until you are ready to serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment